Publications, Research, and Analysis
- Asia-Pacific Journal of Information Technology and Multimedia
Peer reviewed open access journal published biannually by the University of Kebangsaan Malaysia Press and dedicated to research and practical information in computer science, information technology, and multimedia.
- Chinese Journal of Network and Information Security 网络与信息安全学报
An open access journal that brings together innovative ideas on security, disseminates academic research, enhances scientific research and development capabilities, and serves the national information security as a publication of the China Cyberspace Security Association and the China Computer Federation.
- Cyber Defense Review
U.S. Army open access journal on cyber operations with focus on the areas of strategy, operations, tactics, history, ethics, law and policy in the cyber domain.
- Cybersecurity | Brookings Institution
Reports, articles, and analysis of cybersecurity topics from the Brookings Institution.
- Cybersecurity | MITRE
Reports, technical papers, and analysis from the MITRE Corporation on cybersecurity and computer technologies.
- Cybersecurity | RAND Corporation
Reports, studies, and analysis from the RAND Corporation on cyber and data sciences, cyber viruses, as well as cyber warfare.
- Cybersecurity | SpringerOpen
An open access journal from Springer with a focus on reporting on cyberspace security issues, the latest research results, and real-world deployment of security technologies.
- Cybersecurity Framework | National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)
U.S. Commerce Department/NIST’s framework of tools and resources available to assist organizations manage their cyber risks. Many of the publications and resources are available in languages relevant to the Indo-Pacific region.
- Cyber Policy Portal (United Nations)
An interactive map of the global cyber policy landscape produced by the United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research. It provides profiles of the cyber policies of all 193 UN Member States, in addition to various intergovernmental organizations and multilateral frameworks.
- Journal of Cybersecurity | Oxford Academic
An open access journal from Oxford University publishes original research and scholarly articles that take an interdisciplinary approach to the cyber domain.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
An array of cybersecurity research and reports from NIST – many of which have been translated into languages relevant to the Indo-Pacific region.
Cyber Tactics, Incidents, and Threat Actors
- Cyber Events Database | Center for International and Security Studies at Maryland
Database of open-source information on cyber incidents from 2014 to the present
- Cyber Operations Tracker | Council of Foreign Relations Interactives
This database and interactive map covers state sponsored cyber operations from 2005 to 2021.
- MITRE ATT&CK
A globally accessible knowledgebase of adversary cyber tactics and techniques based on open-source research of real-world events. ATT&CK is available to any person or organization for use at no charge.
- MITRE ATT&CK| Groups
A list of adversarial state-sponsored, criminal (eCrime), and activist (hacktivist) cyber groups. MITRE’s list is continually updated and is open access.
- Significant Cyber Incidents | Center for Strategic and International Studies (csis.org)
This timeline records significant cyber incidents since 2006 and focuses on cyber-attacks on government agencies, defense and high-tech companies, or economic crimes with losses of more than a million dollars.
International and Indo-Pacific Cyber Centers and Portals
- ASEAN-Japan Cybersecurity Capacity Building Centre
- Cyber Security Agency (Singapore)
- Cybersecurity Centre of Excellence (India)
- Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (United States)
- CyberSecurity Malaysia
- European Union Agency for Cybersecurity
- Korea Internet & Security Agency (Republic of Korea)
- National Center for Cyber Security Technology (Taiwan)
- National Center for Incident Readiness and Strategy for Cybersecurity (Japan)
- National Cyber Security Centre (New Zealand)
- National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE ) (United States)
- NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence
- Oceania Cyber Security Centre
- United Nations Cyber Policy Portal